SUN VISORS AND HATS
BY WALKERS HAT SHOP
PROVIDING MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SUN PROTECTION VISORS AND HATS SINCE 1962!
YOU KNOW YOU NEED SUN PROTECTION!
Walker Visors and Hats are designed to protect your face, ears, nose, and cheeks. These are the places that see the sun EACH time you are outdoors. Designed by a fair-skinned tennis player over 35 years ago, Walker Visors are like none other because they are:
- FULLY MACHINE WASHABLE! Wherever you travel, as long as you have a little soap and water, your visors and hats can remain clean and fresh.
- COMFORTABLE! Simply put, Walker Visors and Hats are the most comfortable you can buy. Something can't protect you unless you will wear it, and you won't wear it if it pinches or gives you a headache. All Walker visors and hats are fastened with a VELCRO type fastener ensuring an exact fit.
- Practical! The UNIQUE CURVATURE of our visors and hats allows for great vision while still having a large brim for protection.
- Stylish! You will feel right at home whether playing tennis, attending a Summer BBQ or just working in the garden. Because our visors and hats MAINTAIN THEIR SHAPE, they are perfect travelling companions, packing well in a suitcase or travel bag.
- OVER 30 COLOR CHOICES Any combination top and bottom.
- UV BLOCKAGE: 50+ UPF, blocks 98% skin-damaging UV.
- GREAT FOR gardeners, golf, tennis, sports, all around sun-protection...
- 100% GUARANTEED- If you are not happy with your purchase, just return the visors and hats and we will refund the full purchase price (not including shipping).
- EASY ORDERING - through our secure online order page.
PROUDLY Made In The U.S.A.
About Walker's Hat Shop
In 1960, my mother, a red-haired fair skinned tennis player was frustrated trying to find a visor that was comfortable, machine washable, and truly provided the best sun protetion. It was soon obvious that such a product did not exist, and Elaine Walker decided to try to design one on her own using her home sewing machine on the kitchen table.
After hundreds of revisions, she finally had a visor that met her criteria. Friends requested that she make visors for them, and a local tennis shop asked her if she could make a dozen for them to sell. Soon shops were ordering 3 and 4 dozen at a time. Elaine was amazed, as they were priced 5 times as high as other visors, but customers appreciated the quality and orders continued to pour in. In 1962 Ladies Home Journal wrote her up as busineswoman of the year, and Mom bought her first used industrial sewing machine.
By 1975, Mom was so busy making visors that she wasn't able to play as much tennis as she wanted. In late 1975, I took over the business so Mom could spend her time like she wanted. I introduced new machinery and hired employees to increase production. Profits were up, but quality (and my pride) suffered.
By 1977 I realized that it was not possible to keep the hand made quality that my customers were paying a premium for in a factory setting. I stopped hiring new employees and for the last three decades every visor and hat has been made by myself and my wife. Of course profits declined, but I have my pride of workmanship back.
It is rare when an item ships that is not perfect as every item we sell is made, inspected, and packed by me, and/or my wife Debbie. I regularly receive battered, worn out visors and hats in the mail with the hope that I still make them. Often people have had the visors and hats for well over 20 years.
Debbie and I take extreme pride in the fact that there are no better visors or hats available, at any price, than Walker's Hat Shop.